- Signing of a strategic agreement to promote the creation of a public network of recharging points in Spain for electric vehicles, foster the use of renewable energies, market electric recharging solutions and integrate Iberdrola’s infrastructure into electric vehicle navigation systems
- They aim to encourage the use of 100% green energy in the electric vehicle supply chain. To this end, they will activate joint innovation projects, work to foster self-consumption with green energy and promote projects to reduce CO2 emissions at plants and in the dealership network
- Iberdrola’s sustainable mobility plan provides for the installation of 150,000 electric chargers in homes, businesses and on public roads and super-fast charging facilities on motorways over the next five years. 140 recharging points have already been installed at SEAT’s facilities in Martorell
- SEAT’s electromobility strategy aims to electrify its vehicle range and promote the use of renewable energy. SEAT and CUPRA are already on an electric offensive, launching five new electric and hybrid models in addition to the electric version of the SEAT Mii
- The Volkswagen Group España Distribución brands (Volkswagen, Audi, SKODA and Volkswagen Vans) already offer a wide range of electric vehicles and plan to launch a total of eight pure electric models and four plug-in hybrids in the next 18 months on the Spanish market
SEAT, Iberdrola and Volkswagen Group España Distribución are strengthening their commitment to the electrification of transport by signing a strategic collaboration agreement to jointly promote the rollout of electric, sustainable mobility in Spain. The alliance was endorsed at a meeting between Iberdrola Chairman Ignacio Galán and Volkswagen Group CEO and Chairman of the Board of Directors of SEAT, Dr. Herbert Diess.